Monday, September 03, 2007

Swan Song Sunrise

One last chance
To write the wrongs
To cleanse my soul
Tonight

One last chance
To wrong the rights
Pull the old hurt out
Tonight

Sunset falls on all of us
But tonight it falls for me
Conceived in sin, destroy within
Swan song sunrise

Cryptic messages
From the heart destroyed
Scattered words scribbled out
Tonight

Looking back
Signed clearly blood
For the ages to see
Tonight

Sunset falls for me tonight
I'll rip the son out of the sky
Night black as my soul tonight
Swan song sunrise

I laughed, I loved
I died inside
A pretty shell for you to enjoy
I wrote, I cried
I bled for you
Tonight I bleed for just myself

Spiraling the drain
The life I cut to shreds
Bloody ribbons on my chest
Tonight

Tonight is all we have left
Tomorrow may not come
Let your light shine through my darkness
Swan song sunrise

No comments: